History

125 E Main was originally the Gatewood Drug Store. We have several Prohibition Era prescriptions for medicinal whiskey on display that are from this very building! It is rumored that there was a speakeasy here during the Prohibition Era...perhaps there will be again!

As we discovered even more historic memorabilia from our beautiful building, we felt it was our responsibility to protect and preserve its history and legacy.

We decided to pay homage to Mr. Gatewood by naming the building the Gatewood Building...112 years after it was built!

Stop by and view our gallery of the buildings past at The Gallery at Gatewood Event Venue!  Our collection is always growing and we are always happy to share it's stories!

1908 La Grange Main Street Postcard
1908 La Grange Post Card - Original
L&N Railroad Trip Excursion
Gatewood Building Painting on Slate
Gatewood Building in La Grange KY sign
  • Facebook

Historic District

125 E. Main Street

La Grange, Kentucky 40031

Tel: (502) 460-4782

© 2020 by Polished Image, LLC.